- To address the emotional, mental, and physiological challenges associated with high-stress exposure
- To understand and decrease risk factors
- To build effective communication skills that promote connection and understanding
- To provide a safe, fun, supportive environment for creating self awareness and coping strategies
- To provide support to family members
The team at OurWatch understands the power of of equine-assisted wellness programs. Their website states, "Horses have an inherently gentle nature, are curious and desire to work within a herd or community. Like humans, horses are social with distinct personalities and moods. Learning to accept and adjust one’s self to these dynamics assists the first responder in effectively handling interpersonal relationships at work, in the community, and at home." By harnessing the relationship between humans and horses, they are able to make a major difference in the lives of first responders and their family members.
Learn More About/Contact OurWatch: